1. When will the event be held?
2. Where is the location of the party?
3. When must we respond to the letter?
4. What kind of the text is it?
5. “You are invited to celebrate. ” The Indonesian translation of the underlined word above is….
The following dialogue is for number 6-10
Sifa: “What do you think about Lampung?”
Lisa: “In my opinion, Lampung is the beautiful city. There are so many beautiful beaches there. Lampung is also famous with its tapis or songket. It is traditional cloth in Lampung.”
Sifa: “How about its food? Do you think it is delicious?”
Lisa: “I think…. Yes! Do you know seruit? It’s delicious.”
Sifa: “Yes I know seruit. By the way…. Which one is more delicious? Seruit or sate of mushroom?”
Lisa: “According to me, seruit is more delicious than sate of mushroom.”
Sifa: “I don’t think so. I think saste of mushroom is more delicious than seruit because sate of mushroom is my favorite food.”
Lisa: “So we have different favorite foods then.”
Sifa: “I think so.”
6. What is the name of the region discussed between Sifa and Lisa?
7. What does Lisa think about Lampung?
8. What kind of food liked by Lisa according to the dialogue above?
10. “In my opinion, Lampung is the beautiful city.” The sentence above is included into the expression of ….
11. Arrange the random sentences below to make a good dialogue!
(1) Ayu: “What about telling about the human body?”
(2) Andi: “What should we present for the oral test next week?”
(3) Ayu: “Good idea.”
(4) Andi: “Not a bad idea, but talking about animals is very ordinary. Many of our classmates have told about animals.”
(5) Ayu: “How about something about animal species?”
The following dialogues is for number 12 to 14.
Rafa: “I have a serious problem today. I have just lost my driver license.”
Sifa: “Don’t be so sad, my friend, let us search it around the park.”
Rafa: “I have looked for it for hours, but I could not find it. Do you have any suggestion?”
Sifa: “You should tell the security to announce it to other students.”
Rafa: “Yeah, that sounds good. I do hope it helps”
12. Which sentence that shows asking suggestion?
13. Below are sentence of asking suggestion, except….
14. What is Rafa’s problem?
The following text is for number 15 and 16
Mother: “Ali, where are you? Wake up, my dear. It’s Monday morning.”
Ali: “I’m here, mom, in my bed room.”
Mother: “Oh…. there you are. Don’t you go to school?”
Ali: “Mom. I have got a headache.”
Mother: “Let me check. You have got a high temperature. You should stay at home.”
Ali: “Okay, mom.”
15. Wich sentence shows the giving suggestion?
16. Has Ali got a headache?
17. Conversation !!
Bela: “Steve, what seems to be the problem?”
James: “Well, I have a bad cold and the doctor gave me some medicine.”
Bela: “Listen! Forget about the medicines. Try this herbal one.”
James: “Oh, no, thanks.”
What does Bela offer?
18. Conversation !!
Cinta: “Why don’t you take the bus to work? The driving is rushing out and the traffic is terrible.”
Johan: “I would, but I’m afraid that there won’t be any seats left for the time the bus comes to my stop.”
Why does Johan not want to go by bus?
19. Conversation !!
Teacher: “What’s the matter with you?”
Student: “I am sorry, ma’am, I didn’t
Teacher: “I’m sure you didn’t study last night. What did you do?”
How might the student respond to the teacher’s question?
20. Conversation !!
Andi: “We went to Bandung yesterday. We spent our time shopping.”
Cika: “So, what do you think about Bandung?”
What is Andi’s best responses?
The following text is for number 21 to 25
Why Should Wearing a Helmet when Motorcycling?
We often hear lots of stories from road regarding people taking spill on motorcycle when they are riding without using helmet. Mostly the riders badly end up in mess. Wearing a fitted protective helmet offers many benefits which reduces the negative aspect of ridding. First and the most important is that wearing the correct helmet can save a rider’s life, physical ability, family pain, and money. The recommended designs of motorcycle helmets can provide total protection. They not only protect riders from getting a worse road injured accident but also from flying bugs, such as rain, sleet, mud and other potential projectiles.
Second, wearing a helmet can gives the riders a matter of style. Helmet can give the opportunity for rider to express the image they may want to project when riding on they way. This benefit may not be important to some people, but others, it means a lot and important. By choosing the most appropriate helmet from all of the various styles, such as beanie, shorty, German, and many others, wearing a helmet which can projecting an image is an inherent crucial part of motorcycling and help riders feel more confident when riding on the road.
However, what most important is wearing helmet when riding is a matter of using it properly. Bikers should use the helmets on which are fixed to their head. It is really not good if they places simply the helmets on the head without settling them properly. The bikers should fasten the helmet correctly to their head in order to get safe and comfort.
21. What is the main function of helmet?
22. Below is not the risk of motorcycle rider besides road accident ….
23. “Helmets give the opportunity for rider to express the image they may want to project when riding on they way” The aspect which can be the helmet’s function is …. Aspect
24. “By choosing the most appropriate helmet from all of the various styles, such as beanie, shorty, German, and many others.” The antonym of the underline word above is….
25. Conversation !!
Ratna: “I’m hungry. How about you?”
Citra: “Me, too.”